Friday, July 3, 2015

A New Perspective.

This was one of my journal entries during camp:

When I came to camp I was a little disappointed at first. You see, I came with the intentions to do something "important".

I wanted to do a job I could share with everyone who has supported me that I was able to make a difference in lives.

There are four words in the last sentence that talk about myself, and that is a problem. This trip is not about me at all. It is about God's plan, and what He has asked me to come do which is to simply do anyting He asks of me.
 
 I definitely would not say I did any hard labor while at camp, but I will tell you I do believe God opened the door for me to make a difference. He has given me many opportunities these past two weeks to be his hands and his feet.

I have been able to give my hand to hold,  my arms to hug, and my heart to children who are deprived of love and affection. I have been able to use my feet to run, kick the ball, and play with children who love to play as much as any child from around the world. I have been able to share a smile and my attention with children who do not received it near as much as a child should.

I have heard many people say they believe mission trips are not "good" unless you go to do hard labor, but my experiences have told me something different. I think the most important thing to do on a mission trip is to do the best job you can at whatever God places in front of you. That is a successful mission trip.

Thank you again to every single person who has supported me on this trip, and all of my trips before this one. YOU are just as much a part of what God is doing here as I am. Each and every one of your donations played an important role in this trip, and I am so thankful you have helped me follow God's lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment